Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the primary radar identification methods?
- 1. Observe departing a/c within 1 mile of takeoff runway, with a verbal rolling or by nonverbal automation.
- 2. Observe target whose position with respect to a fix or visual reporting point corresponding with a direct position report received from a/c. "position correlation"
- 3. Observing target identifying turn or turns of 30 degrees or more. (a. except in case of lost a/c, a pilot position report is received which assures you. b. only one a/c is observed making turns. c. a/c is at highest altitude in your area of jurisdiction before you issue a heading.)
What are the secondary beacon methods of identification?
- 1. have a/c "ident".
- 2. request a/c to change to a specific beacon code.
- 3. request a/c to change transponder to "squawk standby". then to observe the loss target, then have a/c "squawk normal".
State the lost comm phraseology. 731
"If no transmissions are received for one minute in the pattern or (five/15) seconds on final, attempt contact tower 340.2, 284.6, or 123.8 and proceed VFR. If unable proceed with final portion TACAN runway 4/22 maintain 2000 until established on approach procedures."
On a no-gyro approach, after turn on final approach has been made and prior to the a/c reaching the approach gate, instruct the a/c to do what?
"make half-standard rate turns"
What do you issue to an aircraft that is approaching the lower safety limits established and descending on final approach? 2-1-6
"Low altitude alert (c/s), check your altitude immediately".
Do not use secondary radar only to conduct ASR final approaches unless an what? 5-1-4
an emergency exists and the pilot concurs.
Service Limitations. When radar mapping is not available, limit radar services to? 5-1-6
- 1. Separating identified a/c targets.
- 2. Vectoring a/c to intercept a PAR final approach course.
- 3. Providing radar service in areas that ensure no conflict with traffic on airways, other ATC areas.
Except while they are established in a holding pattern, apply merging target procedures to all radar identified? 5-1-8
- 1. a/c at 10,000ft and above.
- 2. turbojet a/c regardless of altitude.
- 3. presidential a/c regardless of altitude.
Validate a Mode C readout if the target altitudes varies by how many feet? 5-2-17
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview