Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What causes powdery mildew of Rose
- Sphaerotheca pannosa
- -Disease cycle is different between field and greenhouse.
What are symptoms of Sphaerotheca pannosa
- Small blister-like lesions
- gray powdery growth on infected plant parts
What are Environmental factors for powdery mildew
- Warm, dry weather diseases
- • Free water NOT required for conidial
- germination or penetration of plant
- • High relative humidity sufficient
- • Conidia will not geminate in free water
- • Most powdery mildews are favored by dew
- • Cool autumn weather stimulates
- cleistothecium development
How do you control powdery mildew diseases?
- 1. Foliar Fungicides
- – sulfur-containing, systemic
- – sodium bicarbonate
- – oils
- 2. Disease-resistant varieties
- 3. Sanitation
- – removal of infested plant debris
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview