Social Studies test 2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Comparte Sparta and Athens
- Athens Both Sparta-trial by jury -slaves -girls went to school
- -direct democracy - Greek -married for love
- -boys learned -polytheistic - oligarchymore then girls
Which WAS a legacy?
(this multiple choice question has been scrambled)
Why was the legacy education important?
They wouldn't learn anything so these days could keep going.
Why was math and science important?
- Math- Some of the math we use was theirs before
- Science- They wouldn't have know about the earth and space
Who invented medicine and doctors and why was this important?
- Many people would be sick right now and many more dying and died
Why was Literature important?
They wouldn't have gotten out of the dark ages.
Was language a legacy? If so why was it important?
- Some of our language from theirs
Was dictatorship a legacy? If so why was it important?
Why was the legacy democracy important?
We would have a different and probably worse government right now.
Why was the alphabet so important to us?
We use some of their alphabet and we wouldn't know as much about history if the people couldn't write
Why was the legacy trial by jury important?
Today the jury wouldn't be deciding who was inocent
form of government in which the ruling power is in the hands of a single person. Ruled by a king
form of government in which the ruling power is in the hands of a few leaders
1 person rules, harsh leader, form of government
form of government, ruling power is in the hands of all people
Someone who studies basic ideas about knowledge
tiny, independent country
temple built in honor of Athena
belief in many gods
belief in one god
Is Athens or Sparta Oligarchy
Sparta, Athens had a direct democracy
Why did people create government
To create order and balence among the people and to have someone or some people to decided on decisions
Who was Pericles? His accomplishments?
- -leader of Athens during the golden ages
- -helped Athens dominate the Delian league
Who was Hippocrates? His accomplishments?
- -he created medicine said illness was from natural causes
- -invented medicine
Who was Homer? His accomplishments?
- -wrote the poems Iliad, Odyssey
- -told poems that some people believe are real history
Who was Socrates? His accomplishments?
- -Athens great philosopher and teacher
- -invented the socratic method of teaching still used today
A) Persian War
B) Homer's Odysseus (after Trojan war) written
C) Alexander's takes Persia
D) Peloponnesian War,
E) Golden Ages of Athens
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview