lecture 8 pop subdivision
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the NE of mtDNA compared to nucDNA?
- Mitochondrial DNA
- The NE of mtDNA is only one-quarter that of
- nuclear genes.
Estimates of FST
- High genetic variation
- • Genealogical degree of relatedness
- • RST (Goodman, 1996)
- • ThetaST (Weir and Cockerham, 1984)
- • PhiST (ARLEQUIN Excoffier, 1992)
- • AMOVA (Excoffier, 1992)
- • Assignment tests (Paetkau et al. 1997, Pritchard
Estimates of Gene Flow
- Direct Methods
- – Mark and Recapture
- • Indirect Methods
- – Nm
- – Private alleles
- – Maximum Likelihood
- – Assignment
Dispersal in Marine Species
Parentage & kinship
- DNA parentage analysis allows for much more
- fine-scale determination of origin
- • A location is known for most-likely parents and
- – Actual dispersal distance of individuals can be determined
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview