Classical Roots #5 10th Grade
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The occurrence of the same initial sound in several words in succession.
1. In accordance with the explicit or primary meaning of a word or phrase, not its metaphorical meaning.
2. Word for word; verbatim
1. Able to read and write
2. Knowledge; educated
To do away with completely; to wipe out; erase
To attribute to a particular cause, source, or origin (used with to)
1. To draw a line around; to encircle.
2. To confine; to limit
A military draft
1. To denounce or condemn.
2. To prohibit; to forbid
1. To pledge to pay for something or to contribute to something; to place an order by signing.
2. To express consent or agreement; to assent.
1. To make a copy of; to write out fully.
2. To make a sound recording for later reproduction.
3. To arrange music for an instrument different from the one first composed for.
A word composed of the first letters or parts of a name of series of words.
A word that sounds like the thing it names.
A fictitious name.
A system of naming, especially in the arts of sciences.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview