The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Horizontal row on periodic table
- vertical row on periodic table
- show similarities in chemical properties
in which directions does metallic character increase on the PT?
Metallic character INCREASES as you go left and down.
react rapidly with water to form alkaline solution and hydrogen gas
Alkaline earth metals
- Salt formers
Volume equivalent of cm3
1 cm3 = 1 mL
values that are independent of the amount of matter present
Properties for which the values are proportional to the amount of matter present
Close to the correct value
Measurements that are close to each other
- 1. Non-zero numbers are always significant
- 2. Zeros between non-zero numbers are significant
- 3. Zeros before the first non-zero digit are not significant (.0003 has one sig fig)
- 4. Zeros at the end of a number and after a decimal place are significant.