principles of art
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
refers to developing points of interest to pull the viewers eye to important parts of the artwork
- sense of equal weight.
- May be created by repeated shapes,line, or color
is achieved by using similar, but not identical, elements throughout the art
- refers to the difference in the artwork.
- you can achieve variety by using different shapes, textures, colors, or values.
adds excitement to your work by showing action and directing the viewers eye throughout the artwork.
- is a type of movement in drawing and painting.
- It is seen in repeating shapes and colors or alternating lights and darks.
- or scale
- is the size relationships in an artwork.
- For example, it gives a sense of smallness versus largeness.
- is when all the parts equal a whole.
- This is achieved by making sure your artwork is not disjointed or confusing.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview