The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- is three-dimensional and encloses volume.
- some examples include cubes, spheres, and cylinders.
refers to the continuous mark made on the surface by a moving point.
It may be two-dimensional (example: a pencil mark on paper),
three-dimensional (example: a wire in space);
or implied (example: the edge of a shape/form)
- is an enclosed space defined be other elements of art.
- they may be two-dimensional or three-dimensional.
- has 3 properties
- 1. hue is the name of the color (ex: red, yellow).
- 2. intensity is the purity of strength of the color (ex: brightness, dullness).
- 3. Value is the lightness or darkness of the color.
- is the surface quality or "feel" of object (ex: roughness, smoothness, or softness).
- May be implied or actual.
- refers to the distance or area between, around, above, or within things.
- It can be both two-dimensional and three-dimensional.
- describes the lightness or darkness of a color.
- Value is used to show volume.