Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What does essential mean?
needed by our body but our body cannot make it on its own
What is glucose?
What is another word for fat?
What are amino acids?
building blocks of cells
What is the main function of protein?
repair and maintenance of cells
What is carbohydrate's main function?
the main energy source of the body
What is dehydration?
when the body doesn't have enough water
What is thirst?
The body's way of telling us we need water
What is a calorie?
unit of measure of energy
What are minerals?
essential nutrients found in plants and plant-eating animals
What is fiber?
carbohydrate that the body cannot digest, found in plant walls - needed by our digestive systems
What are vitamins?
essential nutrients needed in small amounts; found in nearly all foods and made by living things such as plants
Give 5 reasons why we eat as we do.
- 1) tradition: like at a holiday
- 2) availability: it's in the pantry
- 3) habit: because I always eat it
- 4) preference: because I like it
- 5) economy: because i can afford it
- 6) convenience: because it's easy to prepare
- 7) nutritional value: because it's good for me
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview