The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
9 Elements of AEGIS
- SPY Radar
SPY 1-D 5
- Primary Air & Surface Radar
- Phased Array / Electronically Steered
- Search up to 256nm & Track up to 512nm (120,000 ft elevation)
- Low Power 250 kw
- High Power 4.0-6.4 Mw
Radar Antenna Group 2
- 4 Arrays (Array Rooms)
- 2 BSCs (Radar 2)
Radar Transmitter Group 4
Final Pulse Amplifier
Radio Frequency Monitor
High Voltage Power Supply
- Command and Decision
- Manages collection, correlation, control, dissemination & display of tactical information for CIC.
- Provides C&D doctrine if then statements.
- Weapon Control System
- Manages engagements
- provides fire control solutions
- selects missile cells, launch time & launch order
- passes launch signals to VLS
- directs FCS during terminal phase of an SM engagement.
- Interfaces w/ VLS, CIWS, LAMPS, ASROC, HARPOON, T-HAWK, & 5 inch.
FCS / MK 99 3
- Fire Control System
- Provides target illumination during terminal phase of an SM engagement.
- Cooled by SPY skid
- AEGIS Display System
- Presents 3 categories of information:
- Tactical Picture
- Resource Status
- Threat Response
Tactical Picture 2
- Displayed on LSD (large screen displays)
- Controlled from CO, TAO, & OSDA consoles
Displayed on ASTABS (automated status boards)
Displays targets w/ threat value & engagement status
- Vertical Launching System
- Validates AEGIS WCS, ASWCS, TTWCS commands and loads launch information into missiles.
- Capable of firing SM-2, SM-3, SM-T, VLA, & TOMAHAWK missiles.
Launch control units 3
- multiplex together to control VLS launchers.
- LCU1 (CSER1)
- LCU2 (CSER2)
- VLS GPS Integrator.
- Provides hot start for SM-3.
3 types of Modules 3
- System Mod 7 - Launcher 400hz PDP and 60hz PDP and damage control junction box are connected to this module.
- Strikedown Module 5 strike down crane takes up cell 6,7, and 8 on module 5.
- Standard Module
Missiles fwd and aft
- 29 missiles forward
- 61 missiles aft
- Standard Missile 2 5
- Primary surface to air weapon & secondary surface to surface weapon. Uses a semi-active warhead
- 3 engagement phases:
- Boost guidance provided by internal navigation
- Midcourse guidance provided by SPY radar
- Terminal guidance provided by FCS illuminators (Last 7-10 secs based on angle and attack speed)
- Range: 80 nm.
Standard Missile 3 5
- BMD engagement
- Exo-atmospheric engagement
- Kinetic warhead
Standard Missile T 3
- BMD engagement
- Endo-atmospheric engagement
- Terminal phase of BMD engagement
ACTS/ BFTT 4
- AEGIS Combat Trainer System
- Interfaces w/ SPY, C&D, WCS, FCS, VLS, OBT and BEWT for training purposes.
- LAN connection allows Hopper to take place in scenarios with other ships or stations simultaneously
- N+1 configuration acts as a backup for SPY, C&D, WCS, ADS, & UWS.
- Operational Readiness Test System
- Interfaces w/ SPY, FCS, C&D, WCS, ADS, VLS, & ACTS for maintenance & testing purposes.
ORTS Equipment 2
- ORTS Console (2 / CSMC)
- RDT Remote Data Terminal (3 / Radar 2, Radar 3, CSER 2)
Detect to Engage Sequence 13
- 1.SPY detects contact, creates track, & passes data to C&D.
- 2.Track is identified using EWS, IFF and any other available intel.
- 3.Operator engages track.
- 4.WCS creates firing control solution.
- 5.Operator activates SM via C&D (step broken simplicity)
- 5.Launch signal is passed to VLS via WCS.
- 6.VLS launches SM.
- 7.SM uses internal navigation for guidance during boost phase.
- 8.SM establishes uplink/downlink with WCS via SPY for midcourse phase guidance.
- 9.WCS directs FCS to illuminate target during terminal phase.
- 10.SM locks on to reflected illumination for proximity detonation.
- 11.RSC(Radar System Coordinator) declares visual kill / no kill analysis
- 12.WCS calculates kill / no kill analysis