Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
connecting our entire switchboard BTB to form a continuous loop
RING BUS PARALLEL
connects our entire switchboard BTB to form a continuous loop (ring bus) while any two of our generators are online and parallel
The disconnect links allow for a section to be electrically isolated from the other sections for maintenance or in the event of catastrophic damage in one section.
AUTOMATIC BUS TRANSFER (ABTs)
- fed by both normal and alternate sources
- used to transfer loads from one power source to another when power drops. ie. All lighting, firepumps, afff pumps, lube oil pumps, and steering
MANUAL BUS TRANSFER (MBTs)
- fed by both normal and alternate sources
- provides manual switching between power sources
- The two circuit breakers aTo shift from normal to alternate power, the circuit breaker in the on position must be placed in the off position before the safety bar can be slid over to operate the other circuit breaker.
The casualty power system is an emergency 450 VAC, 60 HZ, 3 phase power source to vital equipment. It is consists of bulkhead mounted terminals, risers, pre-cut lengths of cable, and terminals on switchboards fed from the generator side of the GB, various distribution panels, and vital equipment controllers.
- 4009 AMPS
- 2500 KW
- 450 VAC
5 SWITCHBOARD SAFETY FEATURES
- Reverse power relay
- Under Voltage relay
- Overpower sensing relay
AUTOMATIC PARALLELING DEVICE(APD)
- automatically parallel the oncoming generator within the permissive.
- Frequency: within +/- 0.2 HZ of 60 HZ
- Voltage: within +/- 5% of 450 VAC
- Phase Angle: +/- 15 degree phase angle
REVERSE POWER RELAY
The reverse power relay prevents a failing generator from becoming a load (motorized) to another generator. It does this by tripping the failing generators output breaker when it has sensed that the power going back through the breaker exceeds 5% of the rated generator capacity (125KW).
UNDER VOLATAGE RELAY (DEAD BUS LOGIC)
The under-voltage relay will recover the switchboard from a dead bus (no voltage) condition when the switchboard is in LOCAL. It senses bus voltage and when it drops below 330 VAC, the under-voltage relay will initiate a high-pressure start of the associated generator.
OVERPOWER SENSING RELAY(LOAD SHED)
This relay prevents an overload of the generator by activating the load shed circuitry when the load on the generator exceeds 110% of the rated generator output (2,750 kW). It sheds load in two stages. Stage 1 will instantaneously activate when the generator output exceeds the setpoint for 100 millie seconds. Stage 1 loads are designated non-vital and include the galley, berthing ventilation, and laundry. If the 110% load remains for another 5 seconds after stage 1, stage 2 load shed will be activated. The stage 2 load shed will secure power to semi-vital loads such as the Air Conditioning plants, the Vertical Launching System heaters, Spy Heaters, and the Bridge window heaters.
FAULT CURRENT DETECTOR (FCD)
The FCD is designed to minimize the possibility of total electric plant failure in the event of a major switchboard fire or major short circuit. It accomplishes this by monitoring the current and frequency across the generator breaker. When the output frequency decreases to 59 HZ AND current increases to 10,000 Amps, the FCD will take two actions. First, it will open all BTBs, and second, inhibit their closure.
- Reduce the ship's effect on the Earth's magnetic field.
- The change in the Earth's field about the ship's hull is "canceled" by the electric current flowing through the coils in the hull. This reduces the possibility of detection by magnetic sensitive ordnance or devices.
- A-COIL - ATHWARTHSHIP
- M- COIL MAIN
- FI-QI FORCASTLE INDUCED QUARTERDECK INDUCED
- FP-QP - FORCASTLE PERMANT QUARTERDECK PERMANT
LOCATION OF DEGAUSSING SWITCHBOARD
LOCATION OF DEGAUSSING POWER SUPPLY
IN REFER DECK
LOCATION OF DEGAUSSING REMOTE CONTROL
protect your hull from an equally dangerous hazard corrosion. This system protects your hull by placing an electrical charge on it to reverse the electrical flow associated with corrosion thereby substantially reducing its effects when combined with a good underwater hull paint scheme and sacrificial zinc anodes
LOCATION OF NR1 GENERATOR AND SWITCHBOARD
LOCATION OF NR2 GENERATOR AND SWITCHBOARD
LOCATION OF NR3 GENERATOR AND SWITCHBOARD
on lower level 3GEN
LOCATION OF LOAD CENTER 11
in CSER1 next to sonar control room
LOCATION OF LOAD CENTER 21
next to RADAR1
LOCATION OF LOAD CENTER 31
galley office p-way
- ELECTRIC PLANT CONTROL CONSOLE
- MONITORS ALARMS AND PARAMETER
- START/STOP GENERATORS
- OPEN/CLOSE BUS TIE BREAKERS(BTB)
- ACTIVATE LOAD SHED
- RELEASE HALON IN GTG MODULES
- A/C RESTORE POWER AVAILABLE
- OPEN/CLOSE BLEED AIR VALVES
- APD BYPASS BUTTON