Chapter 5 W430 exam 2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what are different data gathering methods? Pros and cons of each? When are each appropriate?
- there are many different selection methods when gathering data. NO one way must choose nature of the problem.
- Primary- you create survey,interviews
- Secondary- already existing
Things to remember when we do a survey/questionnaire, when do we interview?
- Validity- does something measure what it's suppose too.
- Reliability- consistency
- Survey/questionnaire- these are the most frequently used method to gather info. 1) they help identify areas that need improvement. 2) Facilitate dialogue between manager and employee.
- Interview- they are flexible and they are the only one that has two way communication
Analysis of data and evaluation of the overall data collection process.
- Implementation of data collection
- decide from whom data will be obtained
- -how do we make this decision?
- Analysis of the data
- techniques used to analyze data dictated by method used to gather data
- Evaluate the effectiveness of data collection
types of diagnostic models? what is involved in each?
- Differentiation-and-Integration model- looks at interdepartmental issues
- Sociotechnical systems- two interrelated systems in organization; the social and technical
- Force-Field analysis- behavior balance between forces working in opposite direction
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview