chapter 7 w430 exam 2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Where do change strategies begin?
- the starting point for setting a program=total change strategy
- OD strategy is a plan for integrating different activities to accomplish objectives
- -strategies are the overall plans and direction that an OD program will take
What are the 3 basic types of change strategies and examples of each.
- Structural- attempt to change an organization by modifying the line of authority.
- Technical- implement new technologies, new computer
- Behavioral- Emphasize the use of human resource.
what are overt and covert components of the organization
- overt- these components are publicly observable, rational, and oriented to structural considerations (job description,goals, mission)
- covert- these components are hidden, affective and oriented to social and psychological process and behavior (personal views, patterns, norms)
Stream Analysis; what is it, how do we use it
- Useful in planning, helping organization plan interventions
- Provides graphical view of change.
- (It where we are and where we want to go)
What makes a stream analysis good/useful
- "holes" and "busy periods"
- helps use plan and keep track
- where we've been and where we have to go
- range of actions designed to improve the health or functioning of the client system
- Interventions are specific means, activities, and programs
when choosing and OD intervention, what kinds of things should practitioners and clients consider?
- Potential results of technique (will it solve the problem)
- Potential implementation of techniques (cost vs benefits)
- Potential acceptance of techniques
Intervention techniques focus on
- team or group
- total organization
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview