chapter 8 w430 exam 2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what do Disney's leaders do 203
- They have been using the same managing style since the 50's
- Leadership excellence, people management, loyalty
- Also the managers work the front lines and are very inclusive
What kind of changes are taking place with management activities?
- change occurring in leadership styles because of importance of team
- Past- manager over see the job
- Now- manager over see job and coach people
- Manager today need new skills, they need to understand group and team behaviors
what is process interventions (PIs). what are the purpose,goal, and desired outcomes
- A process intervention is an OD practitioner skill for helping work groups become more effective.
- 1. become more aware of group members work with one another
- 2. help understand the impact on one another
- Goal- help work groups develop their own problem-solving ability
what is group content?
what is group process?
- group content- what a group does (the task)
- group process- how the group goes about accomplishing the task
what are characteristics of a group the perform well
- defined goal
- leaders and follower
5 areas that group PIs usually focus on. What do PIs include?
- 1. communication
- 2. member roles and functions in groups
- 3. group problem solving
- 4.group norms and growth
- 5. leadership and authority
What do process interventions include?
results of process interventions?
- research findings suggest positive effects on participants
- Major corporations (GE IBM and 3M) are using this with there companies
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview