Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is Hein's model of communication?
- The referent
- The source-encoder
- The message
- The channel
- The receiver-decoder
What is the referent?
the source of the interaction. The thought or idea. A reason for engaging in a verbal exchange.
What is the source-encoder?
A person who talks to another person.
Factors that affect the way we communicate
- 1. Our communication skills
- 2. Our level of Knowledge
- 3. Our attitude
- 4. Our socioculture system
What is the message?
The concrete expression of our ideas and experiences
What are the three types of messages?
- 1. Message code - how presented
- 2. Massage content - the expression of the message
- 3. Message treatment - the manor in which we covey the message.
What is the channel?
Involves the five senese, touch, hearing, smell, seeing and tasting.
WHat is the receiver- decoder?
The person to whom the message is directed.
What is feedback
The receiver-decoder must let the encoder know if massage was succesfully received.
When is communication considered most effective
when the intended meaning of the sender message is understood by the receiver.
Types of verbal communication
- 1. Social Conversation
- 2. Theraputic conversation
- Professional helping relationship
- Purposful and goal directed
- Fee for service
- There to meet the client needs
- Family oriented
- Mutual caring and support
- Necassary for a meaningful relationship
Types of nonverbal communication
- Body language
- Paralinguistic cues
Types of Body Language
- 1. facial expressions
- 2. body postion and movement of head
- 3. hand gestures
- 4. dress
- 5. posture
Types of paralinguistics cues
- 1. Tone of voice
- 2. pitch
- 3. loudness
- 4. pacing of words
- 5. stumbling over words
- 6. use of grunts and sighs
What is paralinguistic cues
The way a person use thier voice in communicating
What is Kinesics
The study of body movement communication
Represents a persons first experience in communicating with another humane being
exploration of all factors that influence communication
is interaction that occurs between two people in a small group
"self-talk" is a powerful form of communication that occurs with in an individual.
Individuals who use a common language
the shade or interpretation of a words meaning influenced by the thoughts, feelings, or ideas people have about the word.
- is a saying, expression, idea, or element of an artistic work which has
- been overused to the point of losing its original meaning or effect,
- "played out", rendering it a stereotype, especially when at some earlier time it was considered meaningful or novel.
a type of communication based on a philosophy of protecting individual rights and reponsibilies. self directive.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview