Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
spaces within the body that contain internal organs
What do Body Cavities do?
protect, separate, and support organs
Two types of Dorsal body cavities:
contains the brain
contains the spiral cord
Diaphragm separates the Ventral Body Cavity into:
- thoracic cavity
- abdominopelvic cavity
- 2 pleural cavities for the lungs
- pericardial cavity for the heart
- mediastinum: region from the breastbone to backbone and between lungs, containing the heart, thymus gland, esophagus, trachea, etc
region from the breastbone to backbone and between lungs, containing the heart, thymus gland, esophagus, trachea, etc
- abdominal cavity for stomach, spleen, liver, etc
- pelvic cavity for urinary bladder, reproductive organs
stomach, spleen, liver, etc.
urinary bladder, reproductive organs