Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- inhibits glucose production in the liver
- reduces glucose absorption in gut
- can be used with sulf, glitazone, exena
- prevents type two
- se: NVD toxic- lactic acidosis
- promotes insulin relsease
- SE: hypoglycemia, cardio toxicity
- interact: drugs, alcohol, nsaids, sulf, -tidine, -lol
- se: hypoglycemia
- interact: Lopid
- reduce glucose leves by decreasing insulin resistance.
- se: hepatotoxicity?(new none) renal retention of fluid
alpha glycosidase inhibitor
- delay absorption of carbs
- can be used with others
- se: gi, liver dysfunction
- monitor every 3 mo and avoid metformin
- stim glucose release of insulin
- suppress post prandial release of glucagon
management of hhns
IV fluids, insulin, and electrolytes
- or IV glucose
- insulin overdose.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview