The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
most common drug used to treat oropharyngeal candidasis
SE amphotericin B
- fever, chills NV, hypotension.
- Premedicate!: antipyretic, antihistamine, and antiemetic.
used to treat yeast infections with a one time oral dose
allyamine antifungal -terbinafine(Lamisil)
used to treat athletes foot, jock itch, and ringworm
the primary concern for pts receiving antifungal drugs are
drug interactions and hepatotoxicity
Do not mix voriconazole (vfend) and
types of fungal infections
- vaginal yeast infection, athlets foot, and thrush.
- not impetigo
monitor for indications of med-induced renal damage
- on all pts receiving antifungal drugs.
- Daily wt, I&O, BUN, Creatinine
contraindications for antifungal drugs
drug allergy, liver failure, kidney failure and porphyria
- due to abx tx, antieoplastics, immunosuppressant
main concerns for amph B
- renal toxicity
- neurotoxicity: seizures
obtain what for beginning tx
- liver and renal studies
Monitor VS of pts reciving IV infusion
improved energy levels, normal VS (temp)