The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Failure to provide basic life necessities – food, clothing, shelter
- Failure to provide adequate supervision such that a child is endangered
- Abandonment or desertion of a child
- An act of exploitation, e.g. requiring a child to be involved in criminal activity
- Emotional neglect = failure to provide the emotional nurturing physical and cognitive stimulation needed to prevent serious developmental deficits.
- exposing oneself to a child
- exposing a child’s genitals
- sexual harassment
- permitting or encouraging a child to watch pornography or sexual activities“Sexting”
Mental injury or emotional maltreatment
threat of harm
- Child living with convicted sex offender
- Homes with serious domestic violence
- Siblings of children seriously injured or killed by abuse/neglect
- Permitting child to enter or remain in place where meth is being manufactured
- Child abuse is a HIPPA exception, report as much as you can as soon as possible to child protective services, law enforcement.
- Failure to report can lead to fines up to 2k