Classical Roots #8 10th Grade
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1. Applause, enthusiastic approval
2. An oral vote, especially an enthusiastic vote of approval
A loud outcry, especially in protest
To speak loudly or passionately
1. Referring to legal proceedings or formal debate or rhetoric
2. The study or practice of formal debate
1. The central square or marketplace of a Roman city.
2. A public meeting or any situation for open discussion
unfamiliar language; a dialect or special jargon
A language used by people who do not speak a common tongue; usually combines aspects of different languages; also called pedgin
1. A person who speaks several languages; a polyglot
2. A person who studies linguistics, the structure of human speech.
1. The use of many words when few would do.
2. Evasive talk; roundabout expression
A meeting for discussion, especially in an academic setting.
A word or expression; phraseology
1. Of or like a wise or witty folksaying
2. Well-known; notorious; frequently spoken of
Word or word; in exactly the same words
wordy; using excessive words
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview