The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Shoulder Joints (4)
- Glenohumeral (GH) -----\
- Acromioclavicular (AC)--->Synovial jts.
- Sternoclavicular (SC)----/
- Scapulothoracic (ST) - myofascial jt.
What type of joint is the SC joint?
Saddle Joint... *only bony attachment of UE to trunk*
Ligaments of SC joint? (4)
- Anterior SC ligament
- Posterior SC ligament
- Interclavicular ligament (superior)
- Costoclavicular ligament (inferior)
What type of joint is the AC joint?
Plane Type Joint
Ligaments of AC joint? (3)
- AC ligament (superior, capsular)
- Coracoacromial ligament (inferior)
- Coracoclavicular ligament
- -Conoid ligament (vertical)
- -Trapezoid ligament (horizontal)
AC joint injury name?
- Shoulder separation (3 grades)
- Grade 1: stretched capsule
- Grade 2: off-set
- Grade 3: disrupted
What type of joint is the GH joint?
Ball & Socket Joint... *Stability sacrificed for mobility*
- 2:1 ratio
- 120° from GH joint
- 60° from ST joint
What type of injury occurs at the GH joint?
What increases the depth of the GH joint by 50 percent?
Rotator Cuff Muscles?? (SITS)
- Teres Minor
Major Ligaments of GH Joint? (3)
- Coracohumeral ligament
- Transverse Humeral ligament
- Anterior GH ligament complex
What 3 ligaments make up the Anterior GH ligament complex?
- Superior GH ligament
- Middle GH ligament
- Inferior GH ligament complex
What 3 parts make up the Inferior GH ligament complex?
- Anterior Band
- Posterior Band
What makes up the Coracoacromial Arch?
- Coracoid process
- Acromion process
- Intervening coracoacromial ligament
Which arteries supply the GH joint?
- Anterior Humeral Circumflex A.
- Posterior Humeral Circumflex A.
- Suprascapular A.
How many degrees does the scapulothoracic joint contribute to the Scapulohumeral Rhythm?
60° (1/3 of the motion)
What type of joint is the elbow?
Elbow Joints? (3)
- Proximal Radioulnar
What does the trochlea articulate with?
Trochlear notch of ulna
What does the capitulum articulate with?
Head of the radius
Intrinsic ligaments of the elbow? (3)
- Lateral (Radial) Collateral ligament
- Annular ligament (holds head of radius in radial notch of ulna
- Medial (Ulnar) Collateral ligament
- -Anterior band (strongest)
- -Posterior band (fanlike, weak)
- -Oblique band (deepens socket)
What type of joint is the Proximal Radioulnar Joint?
Pivot Type joint
What ligament reinforces the capsule of the proximal radioulnar joint?
What type of joint is the Distal Radioulnar Joint?
Pivot Type joint
What ligaments reinforce the capsule of the proximal radioulnar joint?
Anterior & Posterior ligaments
What type of joint is the wrist (radiocarpal) joint?
Condyloid Type joint
Intrinsic ligaments of the wrist? (4)
- Palmar radiocarpal ligaments (keep hand in line with radius during supination)
- Dorsal radiocarpal ligaments (keep hand with radius during pronation)
- Ulnar collateral ligament of wrist (ulnar styloid process --> triquetrum)
- Radial collateral ligament of the wrist (radial styloid process --> scaphoid)