Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Wrinkles the forehead
- Closes eyelid tightly
- Pursing of lips ("Whistling")
- Resist distension ("Blowing")
- Draws eyebrows medially
- Depresses medial end of eyebrows
- Dilates nasal aperture - flare nostrils
- "Anger/Exertion/Deep Breathing"
Levator Labii Superioris
- Elevates upper lip
- Showing upper teeth and gums
Levator Anguli Oris
- Elevates angle of mouth ("Sneering")
- Widens oral fissure ("Grinning/Grimacing")
- Bilaterally ("Smiling")
- Unilaterally ("Sneering/Disdain")
- Retracts/everts upper lip ("Sadness")
- Bilaterally with Z. Major ("Smiling/Laughing")
- Unilaterally with Z. Major ("Disdain")
- Retracts angle of mouth directly backward
- "Grinning/Fake Smiling"
Depressor Anguli Oris
- Depresses angle of mouth ("Grief")
- With Risorius ("Frowning")
Depressor Labii Inferioris
- Depresses lower lip, draws it lateral ward ("Melancholy/Pouting/Sadness")
- With Platysma tenses neck ("EGAD")
- Protrudes lower lip, elevates & wrinkles skin of chin
- "Pouting/Sulking/Showing doubt"
- Keeps cheeks taut
- "Blowing a wind instrument"
Space between cheek and teeth at level of 2nd upper molar where parotid duct will empty into the oral cavity
- Tenses skin of inferior face & neck (tension/stress)
- Draws corner of mouth and mandible inferiorly ("Grimace")
Bell's Palsy involves which CN?
Facial N. (CN VII) - unilaterally, motor only
Tic Douloureux involve which CN?
- Trigeminal N. (CN V)
- aka Trigeminal Neuralgia
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview