109 Controllable Reversible Pitch Propeller (CRP) Fundamentals
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Controllable reversible pitch
State the purpose of the CRP system
provides efficient power plant operation over the entire range or the vessel's ahead and astern operating parameters.
- Hydraulic oil power module
- establish and regulate the hydraulic system.
- A high capacity, high-pressure positive displacement hydraulic screw pump.
- It is mounted on the reduction gear
- 2 horizontal screw type standby pumps
- located near the reduction gear
- Oil distribution box
- mounted on the reduction gear casing.
- It is the interface between the remote control system and the hydraulic/mechanical system.
CRP head tank
the hydraulic oil head tank is higher than the OD box, to provide a static head to the hydraulic system when the hydraulic pumps are down.
Emergency hydraulic hand pump
- part of the emergency pitch positioner assembly.
- The hand pump and the 4-way valve, apply enough oil pressure to the OD box to hold the full emergency ahead position
- the regulating valve pin, and liner assembly, inside the piston rod directs the flow of hydraulic oil to the piston.
- The blade pitch is set at any desired position by controlling this oil flow
- controllable reversible pitch propeller
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview