110 DegaussingCathodic Protection Fundamentals
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The Main coil (M)
- compensates the induced and permanent vertical components of the ship's magnetic field (Z zone).
- It is installed in the horizontal plane at the waterline.
- As the ship changes hemispheres the coil current polarity must be manually adjusted.
- Forecastle permanent-Quarterdeck permanent coils
- compensate for the longitudinal permanent component of the ship's magnetic field.
- The FP coil encircles approximately the forward 1/3 of the ship in the horizontal plane at the main deck.
- QP coil encircles approximately the aft 1/3 of the ship in the horizontal plane at the quarterdeck.
- The Forecastle induced-Quarterdeck induced coils
- Are located in the same area as the FP-QP coils, they compensate for the longitudinal induced component of the ship's magnetic field.
- is proportional to the horizontal component of the Earth's magnetic field along the ship's longitudinal axis.
- Athwartship coil
- is installed in the vertical plane and extends from the keel to the main deck.
- in CCS
- USED FOR MONITORING, SET-UP AND CONTROL OF THE DEGAUSSING SYSTEM
Remote control panel
- in the BRIDGE
- USED FOR MONITORING OF DEGAUSSING COIL CURRENTS AND ADJUSTING OF HEADING SWITCH
Power supply units
- in the DEGAUSSING ROOM
- CONVERTS SHIPS 450 VOLT/60 HZ INPUT INTO A DC CURRENT FOR THE DEGAUSSING COILS
- State the purpose of the Impressed Current Cathodic Protection system
- PUTS OUT A SMALL AMOUNT OF CURRENT, THROUGH ANODES, TO POLARIZE THE SHIPS HULL, THUS REDUCING CORROSION OF THE HULL.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview