Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
joints are classified by what?
how much they move
what are the 3 kinds of joints?
- amphiaethroses- slightly movable
- diarthroses- freely movable
3 structural classification?
- fibrous tissues
- no joint cavity
- most are inmovable
3 types of fibrous joints?
where 2 bones are bonded
joint that does no move
peg-in-socket fibrous joint b/w a tooth and its alveolar socket
- lack joint cavity
articulating bones are united by what?
- hyaline cartilage
covers the articulating surface of the bone and is fused to disc of fribrocartilage
- designed for strength and flexibility
- ex. intervertebral joints
- joints in which the articulating bones are separated by a fluid containing joint cavity
- freely movable diarthroses
- ex. limb joints
flattened, fibrous sacs lined with synovial membranes and containing synovial fluid
- more than 100types
- inflammatory or degenerative diseases that damage joints
- wear&tear arthritis
- affects woman more than men
- as one ages, artilage is destroyed more quicly than it is replaced
- most common arthritis
- your autoimmune system attacks your own body
- begins with synovitis of the affected joint
- affects the joint at the base of the base toe (big toe)
- the bone ends fuse and immobilized the joint
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview