Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What type of joint is the Hip?
Ball and Socket Type - synovial joint
What ligament covers the acetabulum?
Transverse Acetabular Ligament
What type of cartilage covers the hip joint?
Hyaline Cartilage (except at fovea capitis)
What increases the depth of the hip socket?
Ligaments of the hip? (4)
- Posterior: Ischiofemoral
- Anterior/Inferior: Pubofemoral
- Anterior: Iliofemoral ("Y" ligament)
- Intracapsular: Ligament to the head of the femur
What is the strongest ligament in the body?
Iliofemoral/ "Y" Ligament
The Ligament to the Head of the Femur (Transverse Acetabular Lig) contains which artery?
Artery to Head of Femur
Which ligament strengthens the knee joint posteriorly? (expansion from Semimembranosus)
Oblique Popliteal Ligament
Extracapsular Ligaments of Knee? (3)
- Patellar Ligament
- Fibular (Lateral) Collateral Ligament (LCL)
- Oblique Popliteal Ligament
Capsular Ligaments of Knee? (2)
- Tibial (Medial) Collateral Ligament (MCL)
- Coronary Ligaments
Intracapsular Ligaments of Knee? (2)
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL)
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL)
What structures are ruptured with the "Terrible Triad"?
- Medial Meniscus
- (Knee hit from lateral side - 6 mo. - 1 yr. recovery time)
Bursae of Knee? (6)
- Prepatellar ("Housemaid's Knee")
- Superficial Infrapatellar ("Clergyman's Knee")
- Deep Infrapatellar
What joint is between the head of the fibula and the lateral tibial condyle?
- Proximal Tibiofibular Joint
- (Plane Type synovial joint)
What is the joint between inferior end of the tibia and fibula and forms Mortise?
- Distal Tibiofibular Joint
- (Syndesmosis Type joint)
What joint is between the mortise and dome of talus?
Talocrural Joint ("Ankle Joint")
What 2 motions does the Talocrural Joint allow?
The Medial Ligament of the Ankle is also known as what ligament?
What 4 parts make up the Deltoid Ligament?
- Anterior Tibiotalar
- Posterior Tibiotalar
What 3 ligaments make up the lateral side of the ankle?
- Anterior Talofibular
- Posterior Talofibular
What is the most commonly injured ligament with inversion ankle sprains?
Anterior Talofibular Ligament
Which 2 muscle tendons cross over the Calcaneofibular Ligament?
Fibularis Longus & Brevis
Which ligament on the medial side of the ankle runs inferiorly to the Tibionavicular Ligament?
Plantar Calcaneonavicular Ligament
2 plantar ligaments for weight-bearing?
- Long Plantar Ligament
- Short Plantar Ligament
Which ligaments help keep the metatarsals in line?
Deep Transverse Metatarsal Ligaments
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview