Scenarios of use CSE 556A Human Computer Interaction
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Scenarios specify how users carry out their tasks in a specified context.
Benefits of scenarios or use cases:
- Encourages designers to consider the characteristics of the intended users, their tasks and their environment.
- Usability issues can be explored at a very early stage in the design process
- Can help identify usability targets and likely task completion timesPromotes developer buy-in and encourages a user-centred design approach.
- Can also be used to generate contexts for evaluation studies.
- The technique can be used by developers with little or no human factors expertise.
Method of scenarios
- Gather the team
- Identify intended users, their tasks and the general context --provide the basis for the scenarios
- Functionally decompose user goals into the operations needed to achieve them.
- Consider which activities should be performed by the user and which by the computer.
- Create an outline of the users' activities, goals and motivations for using the system being designed, and the tasks they will perform.
- To maintain design flexibility, scenarios should not specify what product features are used.
- Assign task time estimates and completion criteria as usability targets.
- The session can be videotaped for later review or transcribed for wider distribution.
- The results from scenario building sessions can be used to plan user-based evaluations.
Try to generate scenarios to cover a ___ ____ of situations, not just the most ___ ___ or those of most interest to the ____ ___.
Try to generate scenarios to cover a wide range of situations, not just the most common ones or those of most interest to the design team.
Try to include ___ ____ that will test the ___ ___, not just ___ ___ scenarios.
Try to include problem situations that will test the system concept, not just straight forward scenarios.
Work through the scenarios ___ and ___ __ ___ on that basis rather than trying to ___ __ _____ half way through
Work through the scenarios fully and judge the system on that basis rather than trying to change the system half way through
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview