Scenarios of use CSE 556A Human Computer Interaction
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Scenarios specify how users carry out their tasks in a specified context.
Benefits of scenarios or use cases:
- Encourages designers to consider the characteristics of the intended users, their tasks and their environment.
- Usability issues can be explored at a very early stage in the design process
- Can help identify usability targets and likely task completion timesPromotes developer buy-in and encourages a user-centred design approach.
- Can also be used to generate contexts for evaluation studies.
- The technique can be used by developers with little or no human factors expertise.
Method of scenarios
- Gather the team
- Identify intended users, their tasks and the general context --provide the basis for the scenarios
- Functionally decompose user goals into the operations needed to achieve them.
- Consider which activities should be performed by the user and which by the computer.
- Create an outline of the users' activities, goals and motivations for using the system being designed, and the tasks they will perform.
- To maintain design flexibility, scenarios should not specify what product features are used.
- Assign task time estimates and completion criteria as usability targets.
- The session can be videotaped for later review or transcribed for wider distribution.
- The results from scenario building sessions can be used to plan user-based evaluations.
Try to generate scenarios to cover a ___ ____ of situations, not just the most ___ ___ or those of most interest to the ____ ___.
Try to generate scenarios to cover a wide range of situations, not just the most common ones or those of most interest to the design team.
Try to include ___ ____ that will test the ___ ___, not just ___ ___ scenarios.
Try to include problem situations that will test the system concept, not just straight forward scenarios.
Work through the scenarios ___ and ___ __ ___ on that basis rather than trying to ___ __ _____ half way through
Work through the scenarios fully and judge the system on that basis rather than trying to change the system half way through
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview