The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Cognitive Walkthrough -- Process:
- 1 Select one of the task scenarios
- 2 Write out the correct sequence/system responses
- 3 For each user’s step/action in the task:
- -Can you build a believable story that motivates the user’s actions?
-Can you rely on user’s expected knowledge
and training about system ( knowledgeable
-Will they see the control
-Will the recognize
that it does what they want
-After they perform the action will the understand the feedback
Questions to ask while Cognitive Walkthrough is going on:
- Will users be trying to produce whatever effect the action has?
- Will users notice the correct action is available?
- Once users find the correct action in the interface, will they know it is the right one for the effect they want to produce?
- After the action is taken, will users understand the feedback they get?
List the possible columns on a table or chart to list the analysis questions(*):
- Description of Step
- Does the user have the knowledge/training to do this?
- Is it believable that they would do it?
- Are they motivated?
- Comment / solution
T/F Cognitive Walkthroughs can be a substitution for user testing even if you can perform user testing.
T/F: If you are in a domain where it is impractical to perform user testing, Cognitive Walkthroughs can be used instead.
T/F: In practice, you can use this to get more out of your user testing.
T: True!: Use it before user testing...to catch as much as possible.