"The Clan of One-Breasted Women," Vocabulary from the essay
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- -bring into proper or desirable coordination correlation
- -place or arrange (things) in a straight line.
- -give support to (a person, organization, or cause).
- -deviation from the normal or common order or form or rule
- -something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected.
- -seeming unaffected by pleasure or pain; impassive
- - person who can endure pain or hardship without showing their feelings or complaining.
- -suggestive of the supernatural; mysterious
- -strange and frightening.
- -unscrupulously accusing people of disloyalty
- - practice that endorses the use of unfair allegations and investigations.
- -unrestrained and violent
- -(especially of something unwelcome or unpleasant) flourishing or spreading unchecked.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
-United States general who supervised the invasion of Normandy and the defeat of Nazi Germany; 34th President of the United States (1890-1961)
- -something given or received as payment or reparation
- -something, typically money, awarded to someone as a recompense for loss, injury, or suffering.
- -the money received by an employee from an employer as a salary or wages.
- -reveal its presence or make an appearance
- -clear or obvious to the eye or mind.
- -display or show (a quality or feeling) by one's acts or appearance; demonstrate.
- -burn slowly and without a flame
- -to burn without flame; undergo slow or suppressed combustion
- -to exist or continue in a suppressed state or without outward demonstration:
- -to display repressed feelings, as of indignation, anger, or the like.
- -Hatred smoldered beneath his smile.
- -an act of deliberate betrayal
- -the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government.
- -the action of betraying someone or something
- -the study or investigation of ancestry and family history
- - family history, is the study of families and the tracing of their lineages and history.
- -a ghostly appearing figure
- -a ghost or ghostlike image of a person
- -the appearance of something remarkable or unexpected, typically an image of this type
- -arrest (someone) for a crime.
- -understand or perceive.
- -something done as an indication of intention
- -a movement of part of the body, especially a hand or the head, to express an idea or meaning.
- -make a gesture.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview