Week 4 Review Questions Part 1 (IR and CTC Rules)
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Where are the interlocking rules in effect?
At all interlockings and at locations designated by Line Special Instruction or by Bulleting Order
Interlocking appliances must not be operated when a train, engine, or track car is standing on or closely approaching that appliance (T/F)
When a n interlocking signal has been cleared for an approaching train movement, the signal must not be changed to a Stop Signal until?
- The train is stopped, as confirmed by a member of the train crew or other qualified employee
- The engineer informs the RTC that the train can be safely stopped before reaching the signal
In what situation can a signal be immediately changed to a Stop Signal?
In an emergency situation
When a proceed interlocking signal changes to a Stop Signal before a movement reaches the signal, the movement must be stopped ______________________. Any such incidents must be immediately reported to the RTC.
as quickly as safe train handling permits.
Permission to pass a Stop Signal will only be given by the RTC when?
A proceed interlocking signal cannot be displayed
A train or track car must be what before permission is given to pass a Stop Signal?
Must be stopped at the signal
The employee receiving permission to pass a Stop Signal must?
The employee must repeat the permission to the RTC and the RTC must confirm it prior to beginning the movement
Trains and track cars receiving permission to pass a Stop Signal must operate at what speed?
Trains and track cars receiving permission to pass a Stop Signal must operate at what speed? Restricted Speed
In reference to the above question, How long is a train or track car required to operate at Restricted Speed? (3 items)
- Entire length of train has passed a location where a more favorable cab signal is received
- Train or track car enters MBS territory
- Track car is clear of interlocking territory and is proceeding on Form M authority
What documents would you use to locate where CTC rules are in effect?
Line Special Instructions or by Bulletin Order
Trains must not enter or foul a main track, or re-enter a main track after being clear of it, unless authorized by ___________________________
fixed signal indication or verbal Permission of the RTC
The RTC will not permit trains to operate against the established direction of traffic unless the track is known to be?
Clear of opposing movements and blocking devices applied
Assist trains for disabled trains may be authorized to operate in the opposite direction of the disabled train as follows? (4 items, same as MBS)
- The disabled train must be issued Form M line 7
- The assist train will be issued a Form M line 8 authority, after the RTC determines the track to be used is clear to the location of the disabled train
- The crew of the disabled train will provide flag protection for their train a distance of 1/4 mile in the direction from which the assisting train is approaching
- The assisting train will operate at Restricted Speed between the locations specified on line 8
Train and track cars will not move without verbal permission of the RTC when?
- Movement has been stopped between controlled points by instruction of the RTC
- A new crew takes charge of unattended equipment located on a main track
Hand operated switches must not be operated without permission of the RTC except by a member of the crew of a ___________________
train occupying the block
When a train has cleared the main track at a hand operated switch and the switches have been restored to normal position, who must contact the RTC and report clear?
The engineer, conductor or other designated employee
Equipment that may not shunt track circuits must have the permission of whom, before operating in CTC territory?
In CTC territory trains must have what before making a reverse movement?
Verbal permission of the RTC
What must the RTC do before he gives permission for a reverse movement?
The RTC must determine that the track to be used is clear of opposing movements
Who and when may make a reverse movement in CTC territory without verbal permission of the RTC?
Passenger trains, when stopped at an Interlocking Signal Governing their Route
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview