Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
HF transmiter and reciever
- Transmit Set: AN/URT-23E (9)
- Receive Set:R-2368/URR (15)
HF Transmiter Couplers
- AN/SRA-56, Eight (8)
- AN/SRA-57, Four (4)
- AN/SRA-58, Four (4)
- AN/URA-38, One (1)
HF Reciever Couplers
AN/SRA-49B, Twenty (20)
- Naval communications within the hf band
- fleet broadcast. All but the fleet broadcast are normally operated two-way.
- AN/WSC-3(V)7, LOS(14)
- AN/WSC-3(V)11 HALF QUICK(2)
- AN/WSC-3(V)17 SATCOM(5)
- AN/URC-93 (2)
Frequency Range:225-399.975 MHz
Used for line-of-sight (short range) command and control, and satellite communications.
VHF Equipment Transceiver
- two of each
- and one JHS-32A
- Frequency Range: 30-75 MHz
- Purpose: Naval Gun Fire Support
- Antenna AS-3226
- Frequency Range: 100-160 MHz
- Purpose: Monitor International and Military Air Distress frequencies
Purpose: Bridge-to-Bridge comms
The Navy uses the vhf band for
- mobile comms such as bridge-to-bridge
- boat crews
- amphibious operations
- landing parties.
- antenna AS-4294
- General purpose satellite communications terminal that provides survivable, jam-resistant, low probability of intercept communications for secure voice, teleprinter and data circuits.
- Communication links for Tomahawk taskings
- MTJ circuit
- Secondary IP services
SHF SATCOM provides near worldwide digital voice, Teletype (TTY), or digital data communications. (UTJ circuit)
Intercommunication interconnecting group ON-201
Routes communications signals to appropriate operator console user equipment in using a switching matrix programming.
- Internal Voice Communication System
- The IVCS is a computer-controlled, circuit-switching communication system
- Combines all shipboard voice communication equipment into one integrated system.
Single Audio System (Secure Audio Switch (SAS)/Black Audio Switch (BAS))
Secure Voice Switch
- A semiautomatic radio telephone switching device.
- Provides the nonsecure or secure interface between RCS radio equipment and the ON-201.
- The secure voice switch also allows the remote phones in the CIC, Pilothouse, and Communication Center to access the nonsecure or secure RCS equipment.
Connects crypto to red phones.
Connects crypto to equipment.
Wireless Interior Communications System (WICS)
Not installed onboard
Discuss the 5Khz/25Khz DAMA circuits:
- a. VTC300 Mini-DAMA, 5 kHz/25 kHz
- b. TD 1271/DAMA 25 khz
two TD-1271/DAMA units
create the OK-455 dual DAMA system used onboard.
dama subsystem was developed to multiplex several baseband systems or users on one 25-kHz satellite channel.
Secret Internet Protocol Routing
Defense Readiness Reporting System Navy
The overarching intent behind DRRS-N
- is to help answer the question "ready for what?"
- Provides both capability and resource data in an improved readiness reporting tool to broaden DoD-level readiness assessments.
- Global Command and Control System - Maritime
- It provides a near real time view of the battle field
- Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System.
- It is a collection of classified coalition networks that enable information sharing
Non-secure Internet Protocol Routing
- Navy Information Application Product Suite.
- Delivers maintenance, logistics, administrative, training and management applications to users at sea.
- Maximizes the use of limited bandwidth
NIAPS programs (including but not limited to):
Web ATIS, SKED, eSOMS, TDKM, NKO Afloat, NSIPS Afloat, Hopper Homepage
- Naval Tactical Command Support System programs:
- Relational Admin Data Management (R-ADM)
Shipboard connectivity affects,PIN changes, chip-to-strip transfers, etc.
- Navy Standard Integrated Personnel System
- NSIPS is the Navys single, field-entry, electronic pay and personnel system for all Sailors.
- A web-enabled system offers 24-hour access to Electronic Service Record (ESR), training data, and career counseling records.
- It is available via the ships network using a disconnected operations infrastructure, synchronizing data with the ashore network when connectivity permits.
- Automated Digital Networking System
- The Automated Digital Network System automates the routing and switching of tactical and strategic C4I data via Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networks