The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
NUCLEAR FAMILY UNIVERSAL
No, we live in a diverse society that has lots of different family forms and we can choose to live however we want
- Childhood is a relatively new construct
- More important today than it was in the past
- Children are subject to harmful amounts of surveillance which harms their development as individuals
What about fear? What about children? Pressured to stay together?
- Joint conjugal roles (Giddens) are developing through pure relationships and confluent love
- This means that people take on different roles in the household, regardless of gender in order to maintain their mutually satisfactory relationships
THE PURPOSE OF FAMILY
- Anything you want it to be!
- All important, no dominant form