The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the fuel quantity in main tanks?
- 9,100 lbs
- 20,600 lbs
- 3,800 lbs
Are the wing tank AC fuel pumps plumbed in series or parallel?
Where does the APU get its fuel from?
From the right tank normally. Can also use through crossfeed from left tank.
What happens if both AC Fuel pumps fail in one wing tank?
If one AC pump fails in one wing tank?
Which fuel pumps are thermally protected?
- can use suction feed from the wing tank.
- The other AC Pump provides adequate presseure.
- All AC fuel pumps.
When is the DC start pump used?
What powers the DC start pump?
- Starting engine or APU with no AC power.
- DC Transfer Bus.
How is the Fuel SOV controlled?
APU fuel SOV?
- By pulling the ENG FIRE handle.
- APU Master switch, or the APU Fire CONT switch or APU switch on external panel.
why are the center tank AC fuel pumps plumbed in series?
What happens when booth AC pumps fail?
- to make sure there is more pressure in the center tank and that fuel is used first.
- No suction and center tank becomes unusuable.
what happens when center tank is exhausted?
main tanks will feed engines.
Where does AUX tank take its fuel?
With aux fuel transfer switch in AUTO, when will transfer to center tank begin?
- Transfers to center tank.
- 13000 lbs.
When must fuel transfer from the aux to the center tank begin?
When must the aux fuel tank transfer switch be OFF?
- Prior to burning 8505 lbs of center tank fuel.
- Taxi, Takeoff, and landing.
What powers the fuel quantity indicating system?
Emergency inverter if no AC power.
what powers the R aft AC boost pump?
Ground Service Bus
When using aux tank fuel, when should you turn off the aux tank fuel pumps?
When the FWD/AFT AUX FUEL PRES LO annunciator
What are the indications of a good test of the fuel quantity indicators?
Each tank will read 3,000 lbsTotal fuel will read 9,000 lbs (15,000 lbs. if aux tanks installed)
What is the power source for the External Fuel Panel?
Battery Direct Bus
Which AC fuel pumps are powered by the L AC BUS?
R AC BUS?
- LEFT AFT, CENTER FWD, R FWD, FWD A AUX, AFT B AUX.
- L FWD, C AFT, Aft A Aux, FWD B AUX