Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What type of engines do we have?
What is normal Thrust rating?
What is Max Thrust Rating?
- 21,000 lbs
- 21,700 lbs
What are the ENG Starter Limits?
- 90 Sec ON, 5 min OFF
- 30 SeC ON, 5 MIN oFF
- 15 minute cool down.
Min Oil quantity?
Normal oil quantity?
Ignition starter Limits:
- 10 Min ON, 10 MIN OFF.
- 2 min ON,3 MIN OFF
- 2 Min ON 23 MIN OFF.
With a rotary when will the ignition fire in A/B/BOTH/OVRD? What powers it? What about in EMER power?
- A/B/BOTH - - FCL on ignition will fire at 20 J - Powered by AC Power
- OVRD - - 20 J regardless of FCL- Powered by AC Power
- EMER PWR ON - the emer inverter can power all switch positions
When must ignition be in OVRD?
- TO and Landing with contaminated surface.
- Engine FLameout
- inflight relight
How do you perform a max thrust takeoff?
- ART switch OFF, TO mode selected on the Thrust Rating Indicator.
- TRP is selected for TO and ART is AUTO .
- TRP is selected to TO FLX, ART is OFF and assumed Temp is entered in FMA with assumed temp knob.
When is ATR system armed?
When does it activate?
- Autothrottle armed. FLX setting
- Flight director is in Takeoff mode on FMA
- Radio Altimeter is above 350 feet.
- Both engines are operating at less than go around EPR.
- Engine failure and ...
- Vertical speed decrease to less than 0 for 5 seconds.
- An EPR drop of .25 and an N1 drop of 7 % on the same engine.
What happens when ATR is activated?
Unclamp the throttles and move both until GA EPR limits are met.
When does the ART system armed?
when does it activate?
ART switch in AUTO, both engines >64% N1, armed light will illuminate.
- -Switch DFGC/DFGC Failure
- -Engine Failure (30% N1 difference)
- -N1 Failure
- Normal Takeoff turned off with flex to.
When do you use fuel heat?
- Fuel heat is required before takeoff or prior to final approach, if fuel temperature drops to zero degrees Centigrade or below.
- Note: in flight, fuel heat should be activated one engine at a time.
- Inflight: Fuel Filter Pressure LO annunciator.
With ENG SYNC switch OFF and auto-throttles ON, what is being synced?
EPR when the engines are within .03 of each other
With ENG SYNC switch OFF and auto-throttles OFF, what is being synced?
When will the engine sync N1 or N2?
ENGINE SYNC switch in N1 or N2 and engines are within 1% of each other
When will the ENG SYNC ON annunciator illuminate?
Landing gear lever is down and the ENG SYNC switch is in N1 or N2
ENG SYNC switch must be OFF for...
1500 AGL and below, Takeoff, Landing, TR operation
What holds the thrust reversers locked?
safety latchesOvercenter linkHydraulic accumulator pressure
What does a L/R ENG REVERSE UNLOCK annunciator indicate?
What does a L/R ENG REVERSE THRUST annunciator indicate?
- The safety latch is unlocked and the isolation valve is open.
- The reverser is extended.
Fuel Heat must remain____ for takeoff, final approach and goaround.
When does ART show Ready:
When is it Disarmed:
- ART Auto, On the ground, Both Engines Running, slats extended.
- Slats retracted, both engines < 49 %