Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What did you learn yesterday/this week?
Make sure you always have something new to say!
What excites or interests you about coding?
The thought process, the end product
What is a recent technical challenge you experienced and how did you solve it?
What UI, Security, Performance, SEO, Maintainability or Technology
considerations do you make while building a web application or site?
- UI - make sure it's easy to use and consistent
- Performance - minimize js and CSS, remove unnecessary use of images, make sure I'm not using js frameworks that are too bloated, DRY css
- Maintainability - Make sure CSS class names are understandable, comment to explain things in detail
Talk about your preferred development environment.
Sublime Text, GIT, minimal use of Photoshop, working on my localhost
Which version control systems are you familiar with?
GIT though it's not used within our team like it's intended to be used
Can you describe your workflow when you create a web page?
I work within my localhost. I use a template that I created which is based on the Bones Theme Started. Inside my SCSS file, I update all variables and start with the header.
If you have 5 different stylesheets, how would you best integrate them into the site?
I would most likely combined them all so we only have one HTTP request
Can you describe the difference between progressive enhancement and graceful degradation?
- Progressive enhancement - uses web technology in a layered fashion that allows everyone to access the basic content and functionality of a web page, using any browser or connection
- Graceful Degradation - Provides a certain level of user experience in a more modern browser, but it will also degrade gracefully to a lower level of user experience in older browsers
How would you optimize a website's assets/resources?
- File concatenation
- Minifiy Files
How many resources will a browser download from a given domain at a time? What are the exceptions?
- It depends on the browser, multiple domains could increase the number of parallel downloads that the browser can perform.
- About 4 to 6 connections per domain
- Exception: SPDY (speedy)
Name 3 ways to decrease page load (perceived or actual load time).
- Reduce the number of requests
- Optimize images
- Minify CSS & JS files
- Move scripts to the bottom
- Remove duplicate scripts
If you jumped on a project and they used tabs and you used spaces, what would you do?
Change the settings in my editor but if this is a standard then I'll conform to it
Describe how you would create a simple slideshow page.
- Let's build it in codepen
- Bonus points - use only CSS
If you could master one technology this year, what would it be?
Explain the importance of standards and standards bodies.
- The entire team is on the same page
- Development and maintenance time reduce
- Faster debugging
- Backward compatibility
What is Flash of Unstyled Content? How do you avoid FOUC?
- Flash of unstyled content - exhibits a momentary flash of unstyled page content
- can be avoided by adding an alternative stylesheet
Explain what ARIA and screenreaders are, and how to make a website accessible.
- CSS animation - Doesn't have the ability to pause, stop, revert, run asynchronously one after another, place on a timeline or a schedule
- For simple animations - use CSS
- CSS animation lack independent scale/rotation/position control
What does CORS stand for and what issue does it address?
- CORS - Cross-origin resource sharing
- Addresses a way in which a browser and server can interact to safely determine whether or not to allow the cross-origin request
- CORS allows these cross-domain requests to happen, but only when each side opts into CORS support