The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
formula for cardiac output
Co=heart rateX Stroke volume
What causes the P wave
atria begins depolarizing (contracts/systole)
1) what causes the QRS wave
2) What valves close?
- 1) Atria repolarizes (relax),
- ventricles depolarization(contraction)
- -isovolumentric contraction of ventricles.2) AV valves close
what causes the t wave, and which valves are closed
- repolarization of the ventricles (relax).
- -Isovolumetric relaxation of ventricessemilunar valves are closed.
What cause the heart beats heard?
- sound 1 (S1) closure of AV valves
- sound 2 (S2) closure of semilunar valves
What is the Quiescent period of the cardiac cycle?
- -all chambers relax,
- -AV valves open and blood flows into ventricles. .