The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Is prenatal drug exposure, drug addicted babies a form of child abuse? reportable or not?
not reportable , LAPD does not handle drug addicted cases.. refer to DCFS
How long can a juvenile be detained at a Dept facility to complete the preliminary investigation? how many hours ___________
the time begins when?
6 hours, begins when the juvie enters the Dept facility.
When a juvie is taken into custody for a violation of 601 WIC, he may be DETAINED ONLY in what circumstances?
When juvie has warrants or holds, he may be “securely” detained for up to 12 hours after been taken into custodyIn order to locate the juvies parent/guardian , and to arrange his return to his parent or guardian,
-He may be ‘securely” detained up to 24 hours after been taken into custody.
-When the juvies parent /guardian lives outside of CA he may be securely detianed no more than 72 hours after been taken into custody.
to be Securely detained for more than 6 hours a juvenile must be taken where?
If juvie is taken under601 WIC and officers are unable to release the juvenile to the parents or guardian and secure detention is note required. juvenile shall be placed where?
SODA ( Status Offender Detention Alternative) facility.
Minors who have ingested or appeared to be under the influence and have been cleared for temp custody shall be observed every _____ mns
Non secure Detention: All juvies taken into custody who are under 14 of age must be. ____
- Kept in non-secure custody and must be adequately supervised to ensure that there is NO CONTACT WITH ADULTS.
- Non-secure time SHALL NOT ESCEED 6 hours.
GUIDELINES TO DETAIN A JUVENILE "SECURELY"
- Minor must be 14 years of age or older
- MInor must be in cutody for 602 violation
- minor must be a "serious risk" of harm to self or others
- W/C approval.
All juveniles held in non secure custody are entitled to:
- - Access to toilets
- - if JUvie has not eaten in past 4 hours, a SNACK
- - Drinking water
- - Privacy during family,guardian and /or lawyer visit.
- Minor may be restrained to:
- Handcuffing rail/bench
- other stationary object
SEcured Detention Defined;
- Locked in a room or enclosure and/or physicall secured to:
- handcuffing benches
- Any stationary Object
All Felony and Misdemeanor Hit and Run will be investigated by
- The Detective Section of the concerened Bureau Traffic Division.
- Felony evading misd evading cases will be handled by Area Detectives
Is it legal to request a POLYGRAPH for a victim of a SEX Offense??
It's a violation of the law.
If the juvenile has requested an attorney and I/O needs to interview the IDC staff shall?
contact the concerned private attonrey or public defender to determine if an when the juvenile may be interviewed
JUVENILE ARRESTS=- F/U INV RESPOSIBILITIES
All Juvie arrests shall be handled by the area detectives where the "CRIME' OCCURred. EXCEPT ARRESTS INVOLVING:
- - arson, fire bombinb, and inciting to burn cases
- - Abused child cases ( when suspt is parent, step-parent, common law spouse or guardian)
- Forgery Cases
- OUt of state FUGITIVES
- LA runaways (when runaways residence is in another area- reponsibility of the area of juveniles residence)
- Narcotics/dangerous drug cases
- Subdstance abuse related offenses.
A juvenile who has been detained but later relased by the Probation Department or the Juvenile Court , SHALL __________
SHALL NOT BE RECOMMENDED TO CUSTODY ON THE SAME CHARGE.
If the juvenile is 14 years of age or older used a firearm in the commission of a crime and is taken into custody for a Felony violation the juvenile shall be released where?
shall be booked to the Probation Department
all Juvenile Arrest Dispositions , except detained petition requests shall be completed within:
7 Calendar days
Is prenatal drug exposure treated like child abuse?
No, reporting law does not include "fetal abuse". We do not handle drug addicted babies. Refer to DCFS