The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Why are volunteers important?
- they work for free
- many non-profits rely on volunteers
- they do a large amount of work
- 27% of US residents
- most volunteer when asked
- people who volunteer are continuing to rise
- time spent volunteering is declining
- retirement of baby boomers=more volunteers
What can volunteers do for you?
- extend services to clientele
- do tedious jobs
- be more effective spokespersons
- bring community perspective
- provide free lobbying
- concentrate their time and effort
What is the ISOTURE model of volunteerism?
What is Herzberg's theory of motivation?
- achievement (meet a goal)
- work itself (wanting to do it)
- responsibility (more responsibility)
- advancement (get ahead)