Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is culture?
- a way of life
- shared beliefs, values and norms
- instilled in people from birth
- integrated, dynamic systems
What is high-context culture?
- have strong interpersonal bonds
- extensive networks with members of their in-group
What is low-context culture?
- compartmentalize their personal relationships
- prefer lots of background information
Examples of high-context:
- African american
Examples of low-context:
What is nonverbal communication?
- happens unconsciously
- silent language
- includes body movements, facial expressions, clothing, eye contact, voice inflection
How do we develop lenses?
What creates legacies?
powerful historic events that shape our view of the world
What creates layers?
unchangeable life experiences
Identify a lens and how it affects you:
meritocratist: opportunity is based on an individuals initiative, competence and accomplishments
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview