Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Why can wee share so much of our genome with other organism but we are so different phenotypically?
- Transcription is where this ability starts.
- Genes are transcribed at different rates, in different amounts, and at different times.
- The activation of the gene results in different phenotypes.
RNA vs. DNA
- We have a hydroxyl group attached to carbon 2 in RNA ( sugar ribose)
- RNA is destroyed while DNA is generally forever.
- Single stranded
- Ability to hybridize
What makes RNA so much like a protein ?
RNA is very much like protein because of its ability to fold into different shapes.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview