The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Number of people that makes an ideal group?
What is a Dyad?
Group of two
What is Synergy?
Using more opinions- two heads are better than one.
What is interdependent?
(of two or more people or things) dependent on each other.
What are Set Norms?
Set Norms are rules set within a household or workplace.
What is the age that language is developed?
Language is developed by the age of 5
Negative roles (5) what are they?
- Controller- boss/take over
- Pleaser- Agrees no opinion
- Blamer- won't take responsibility
- Distracter- Off task
- Ghost- Absent/physically not there
Body Language, Eye contact, Space, Posture, Gestures
What is a Message?
Information to convey.
What is encoding/decoding?
- Encoding- Making the message (verbal/nonverbal).
- Decoding-Making sense of the message.
What is noise?
Noise is interference.
What is background/channel?
- Background - What you bring (Experiences)
- Channel - Verbal and or nonverbal
What are the four listening barriers?
- Rapid thoughts
- Lack of Focus
Difference between Parroting vs Summarizing?
- Parroting - Word for word repeating
- Summarizing - Same words just in your words
What are the difference between Low Context dimensions vs High context dimension?
- Low context dimension- Words that are form (Oral & Written).
- High context dimension - nonverbal more important (unspoken & Implied).
What is Individualism and what society can be associated with.
Individualism is "i" mentality America would be a prime example.
What is a Collectivism and what society can be associated with.
Work together for the good of the group.
Competition vs Collaboration
- Competition - Winning= good losing= bad
- Collaboration - Working together