The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the formula for the base of a cone?
What is the formula for the lateral area of a cone?
, where r is the radius and l is the cone's slant height.
What is a sector?
In a circle, a region with boundaries of tow radii and a part of a circle
What is the surface area for a cone?
- S= L+B
- or replace L and B with their formulas,
- S= +
How do you find the slant height?
- You can use the Pythagorean Theorem to find the slant height.
- , where r is the radius and h is the height.
What is the formula for the volume of a cone?
- V= , where B is the area of the base and h is the height.
- It can also be rewritten. Replace B with its formula: