The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Tyrosine kinase pathway
- ligand binds and induces dimerization
- RTK recruits protein w/ SH2 domain
- Grb2 binds to RTK
- Grb2 binds to Sos
- Sos binds to membrane G protein, Ras, converting Ras-GDP to Ras-GTP
- Ras-GTP is active and leads to MAP kinase activation
- activated MAP kinase translocate to nucleus and activate transcription factors
Identify basic structures of purines, nucleosides, and nucleotides.
- 5-member ring+6-member ring w/ 4 N in the rings
- adenine: 6-amino purine
- guanine: 2-amino-6-oxypurine
Identify key relationships between glucose metabolism and purine biosynthesis.
Knowledge of how amino acids are used in AMP and GMP biosynthesis.
Understand degradation pathways of purines and their relationship to uric acid metabolism and gout