Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is a CBRNE?
A CBRNE is an act of terrorism which may involve mass casualties resulting from a deliberate attack casing exposure.
A CBRNE comes in 5 forms. What are they?
- Chemical - Toxic industrial
- - Military warfare agents:
- Nerve Agents
- Blood Agents
- Chocking Agents
- Blister agents
- Biological HazardsMicro-organisms
- Biological toxins
- Immediate signs and symptoms may not be evident
- Radiological HazardsDirty Bomb
- Nuclear devicesImprovised nuclear device
- Nuclear bomb
- Explosive DevicesPrimary device may designed to attract emergency responders
- Secondary devices maybe designed to harm emergency responders
What is a Radiation incident?
Involves any material giving off one or more forms of radiation. Electromagnetic emissions, gamma rays and x-rays or particulate emissions alpha particles, beta particles or nuetrons
What are the initial steps for a Radiation incident?
- Stage a safe distance from the incident
- Consider emergency rescue of life risks
- time distance and shielding provide the best protection
- use dosimeters - at least one per crew (2)
- Set up initial isolation zone 30mtrs from an radiation incident
- If the radioactive substance is on fire then all crews in the vicinity must wear SCBA
- request attendance of EPA and the radiation protection branch
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview