The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 1. The sharp striking of one thing against another n.
- 2. Instruments that make sound when struck n.
- 3. Describing the striking if a substance or a musical instrument adj.
- 1. Lasting for an indefinitely long time adj.
- 2. Continuing regularly adj.
- 3. Living longer than 2 years, said especially of plants adj.
tr. v. To penetrate through spaces; to spread throughout
intr. v. To hold fast to a task or a purpose despite handicaps or obstacles
- 1. to postpone; to delay tr. v
- 2. To yield respectfully to the opinion or will of another
adj. Tending to delay or to postpone
n. excited feelings of pride, triumph or happiness
- 1. tr. v. To use available evidence to form a conclusion
- 2. To guess
- not to confuse with imply (A person shows or says (implies) what another interprets (infers)
- 1. intr. v. to engage in a quarrel, a struggle, or rivalry
- 2. To assert; to put forward in argument
- 1. n. purpose
- 2. adj. Concentrating on or dedicated to an idea or action