The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Middle Kingdom (2061-1665 B.C.E)
- A gradual restoration of the central authority lost in the old Kingdom.
- War was waged and boundries extedned farther south.
- The north expanded diplomatic trades and contacts in the eastern mediterranean region and with the island of Crete.
Second Intermediate period (1664-1570 B.C.E)
- When Hyksos (foreign rulers) ruled Egypt. They were Semitic people who came from the eastern coast of the Mediterranean.
- They took over because the kings were weak.
- They introduced Bronze making Technology, new Musical intruments, humpbacked cattle and olive trees.
- They strengthened Egypts ability for war by increasing the number of chariots and making powerful bows.
- Overthrown by The leaders if Thebes.
New Kingdom (1569-1081b.c.e)
- Pharoahs rebuilt central authority. restricted regional government and gave a sense of national pride.
- The expanded in Military technology. And regular diplomacy with neighboring monarchs
- The expanded their territory through wars
- They wanted gold and other precious materials
- They tried to imperilase most of the mediterranean coast.
- Built themselves massive temples to place their treasures for when they die.
- Queen Hatshepsut (ruled 1502-1482) under her young stepson and built up a whole empire for herself.