The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is MMFOL?
Major F/O Leak
What are the indications of MMFOL?
- Spray or leak of F/O in affected area.
- Severe pressure drop or total loss of F/O pressure.
- Main engine/SSDG stops.
- F/O header pressure drops.
- Smell of F/O in space.
What are the Controlling Actions of MMFOL?
NOTE: When can the combustion air shutoff be used?
Only if the electronic and mechanical E-stops fail
NOTE: What happens to the engine if its stopped without allowing time for cooldown?
May cause damage to the engine
NOTE: When is the best time to bar over the engine after a MLLOP casualty?
At earliest opportunity
NOTE: What happens in the event that both online SSDGs were operating in the same space and F/O service tank is secured?
May cause the loss of other SSDG on unaffected bus (sharing the same service tank).
WARNING: What actions to take prior to activating AFFF sprinklers?
Ensure sprinkler isolation valves are open
WARNING: What should not be sprayed with AFFF or water when flushing oil into the bilge?
What are the Immediate Actions of the Rover/CRT?
- EOOW, Major F/O leak _ MMR/Aux _ (size and location).
- Verify _ main engine clutch has automatically disengaged. If not, manually disengage/dump the air to _ main engine clutch. Report, _ main engine clutch disengaged.
- Stop/secure F/O transfer pump/purifier. Report, F/O transfer pump/purifier stopped/secured.
- Trip desalination plant.
- Shut F/O service tank suction and return valves.
- Manned and ready.
- Shoulder EEBD
- Isolate F/O leak. Report, F/O leak isolated.
- Activate bilge sprinkling system for a minimum of one minute until all bilge surfaces are adequately covered.
- EOOW, bilge sprinkling system activated for _ minutes and secured.
- Man firefighting equipment and flush F/O into the bilge and cover with AFFF.
- EOOW, Firefighting equipment manned, flushing F/O into the bilge and covering with AFFF.
- F/O flushing into the bilge and covered with AFFF.
What are the Immediate Actions of the PACC?
- E-stop affected shaft
- Place affected shaft in trailing mode by resetting shaft E-stop and selecting TRAILING.
- E-stop _ main engine.
- Ensure _ main engine clutch disengage.
- Stop F/O service pump.
- Shut affected MMR F/O service tank suction and return valves.
- EOOW, Thrust control shifted to CCS. _ main engine stopped, clutch disengaged, _ shaft trailing. ECS is in trailing mode.
- Stop/secure L/O transfer pump/purifier. Report, F/O transfer pump/purifier stopped/secured.
What are the Immediate Actions of the EPCC?
- E-stop affected _ SSDG. Ensure GCB opens.
- Start STBY SSDG. Report to EOOW when it has started and is ready for electrical load. Close GCB as ordered by.
- E-stop SSDG on unaffected bus affected by the securing of fuel. Ensure GCB opens.
- EOOW, _ SSDG E-stopped, _ SSDG placed online. Electrical plant configuration is _, with ships load of _ amps and _ kw on port/stbd bus.
What are the Immediate Actions of the EOOW?
- IMC, Major F/O leak in (space). CRT, lay to (space).
- OOD, Major F/O leak _ MMR/AMR, request condition 2 DC set.
- OOD, Major F/O leak _ MMR/AMR, _ main engine stopped and _ shaft trailing. Thrust control shifted to CCS.
- Order EPCC to close STBY GCB.
- OOD, Major F/O leak AUX _; stopped _ SSDG. Electrical plant configuration is _.
- Order space to man AFFF.
- OOD, Major F/O leak in _ MMR/AUX _ is isolated. F/O in _ MMR/AUX _ is flushed into the bilge and covered with AFFF.