The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is MLPCA?
Loss of Propulsion Control Air
What are the indications of MLPCA?
- Air compressor malfunction.
- Clutch chattering.
- ECS indicates clutch disengaged.
- Governor low air pressure alarm 190 psi
- Clutch/brake low air pressure alarm 91 psi
NOTE: What actions to take when any propulsion control air pressure alarm sounds?
Proceed to Immediate Actions.
What are the Controlling Actions of the PACC?
- EOOW, Loss of control air pressure.
- Verify MPAC status and report to EOOW
What are the Controlling Actions of the EOOW?
- IMC, Loss of control air. CRT, lay to (space).
- Order Rover/CRT to set thrust control air watch.
- When prop control air is restored, OOD, thrust control air pressure restored. Maximum speed available _ knots.
What are the Controlling Actions of the Rover/CRT?
- Manned and ready.
- Start offline air compressor in manual.
- Close bulkhead isolation/segregation valve (AMP-V-16 or AMP-V-17 for the space containing oncoming compressor.
- Secure MMR start air flasks.
- Verify medium-pressure air alignment.
- When affected space is identified, close affected MMRs bulkhead isolation/segregation valves to adjacent AMRs.
- EOOW, _ MMR isolated and air start flask secured. _ MPAC started.
- Set thrust control air watch.
- When prop control air is restored, EOOW, thrust control air pressure restored.
NOTE: What happens when propulsion control air pressure is lost?
Main engine shuts down.
NOTE: What happens to the engine if its stopped without allowing time for cooldown?
May cause damage to the engine
NOTE: When is the best time to bar over the engine after a MLLOP casualty?
At earliest opportunity
NOTE: When can you stop the L/O pumps?
When the engine has come to a complete stop
NOTE: How long can a L/O pump run after engine shutdown?
No more than 10 min
What are the Immediate Actions of the PACC?
- EOOW, Loss of propulsion air pressure.
- E-stop affected shaft.
- Stop affected main engine. Verify clutch disengages.
- Place affected shaft in trailing mode by resetting shaft E-stop and selecting TRAILING.
- EOOW, Thrust control shifted to CCS. _ main engine stopped, clutch disengage, _ shaft trailing, ECS is in trailing mode.
What are the Immediate Actions of the EOOW?
- OOD, Loss of propulsion control air pressure.
- OOD, Thrust control shifted from pilothouse to CCS. _ main engine stopped, clutch disengaged, _ shaft trailing, ECS is in trailing mode. Maximum speed available knots _.
What are the Immediate Actions of the Rover/CRT?
- Manned and ready.
- Verify _ main engine clutch has automatically disengaged. If not, manually disengage/dump the air to _ main engine clutch.
- EOOW, _ main engine clutch is disengaged.