The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is MMF?
Major uncontrollable flooding in propulsion plant
What are the indications of MMF?
- Bilge alarm in DCC sounds
- Space bilge level rising rapidly.
- Inability to control bilge level by normal methods
- Water flooding in through ruptured firemain or seawater service system piping.
What are the Controlling Actions of the Rover/CRT?
- Report location of the flooding, size, cause, water in the bilge.
- Manned and ready
- Isolate leak and report status of isolating leak and valves used to isolate.
- Align vain drain system to dewater space and report, Main drain system aligned to dewater affected space.
- EOOW, No. _ eductor in operation on main drain.
What are the Controlling Actions of the EOOW?
- IMC, Major flooding (level), CRT lay to (space-level).
- OOD, Major flooding (space-level-port/stbd-size-location)
- Order space, Align main drain system to dewater space.
- Order DCCO to start additional Fire Pumps.
- Order space to place additional eductors in unaffected spaces.
What are the Immediate Actions of the Rover/CRT?
- EOOW, flooding out of control in (space) give extent of flooding and source, when known.
- Manned and ready.
- Isolate space and report space isolated.
- Trip F/O quick-closing valves.
- Electrically isolate space
- (space) electrically isolated.o
- When flooding becomes uncontrollable, evacuate space, ensure all hatches and doors are shut.
- Flooding uncontrollable in (space), space evacuated.
What is the Immediate Actions of the EOOW?
- IMC, Flooding out of control in (space). CRT, lay to (space).
- OOD, flooding out of control in (space) location, source).
- Order EPCC to close STBY GCB that just started.
- NOTE: Flooding in MMR1 or MMR 2 will cause loss of stbd/port shaft. PACC will E-stop shaft, stop MPDE, verify clutch disengaged, and place affected shaft in trailing mode.
- OOD, No. _ MPDE stopped, clutch disengaged, thrust control shifted to CCS.
- OOD, flooding in (space) out of control, space evacuated.
What is the Immediate Actions of the EPCC?
- NOTE. In the event both online SSDGs were in the same space, one STBY gen must be placed online before securing the last affected SSDG.
- Start STBD gen and verify GCB closes.
- E-stop online SSDG in the space and verify GCB opens.
- EOOW, No. _ SSDG E-stopped, No. _ SSDG place online. Electrical plant configuration is _, with the ships load of _ amp and kw _ on port/stbd bus.
- Electrically isolated affected space.
- EOOW, (space) electrically isolated.
What is the Immediate Actions of the PACC?
- NOTE. Flooding in MMR1 or MMR 2 will cause loss of shaft.
- E-stop affected shaft.
- Stop affected MPDE
- Verify clutch disengaged.
- Place affected shaft in trailing mode.
- EOOW, thrust control shifted from pilothouse to CCS. No. _ MPDE stopped, clutch disengaged, _ shaft trailing, CCS is in trailing mode.