The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
equation for Force
- (force=mass x acceleration)
equation for Work Done?
- Wd=F x D
- (Work Done= Force x Distance)
equation for Power?
- P=Wd over T
- Power= Work done over time
Equation for Weight?
- (Weight= mass x gravity)
equation for Kinetic Energy
- KE=half of m x v squared
- Kinetic Energy = half of mass x velocity squared
equation for Gravitational Potential Energy?
- Gravitational Potential Energy= mass x gravity x height
What is energy?
The ability to do work
What is the law of conservation of energy?
Energy cannot be created or destroyed, only changed from one form to another
What is energy measured in?
What are the 9 types of energy?
Heat,Sound,Light,Electricity,Kinetic, Gravitational Potential, Chemical, Elastic, Nuclear
What are energy resources?
Ways of generating electricity
What are non renewable energy resources? Give 3 examples
- Energy resources that can only be used once
What are renewable energy resources? Give 5 examples?
- An infinite resource of energy that can be used over and over again
What are the advantages for renewables?
Most do not produce CO2, Infinite power sources, Some are cheap to run
What is the diagram of wave?